ramblings from my heart and mind

{On a constant journey with the Lord-striving to glorify him with everything I am-love others the way Christ has and continues to love me-determined to be the best daughter, friend, mentor, and individual I can be}

Thursday, November 6, 2008

smack!!!!!

Tuesday night, history was made right before my eyes. As we all know Obama was elected as our next President of the United States.
I'm not going to lie- I felt sick to my stomach (no joke) I literally felt like I was going to throw up. I was sitting at dinner with some friends with my eyes glued to the tv. BOOM- the number went above 270 and there was a cheer in the restaurant. My heart went into my throat...

Being frustrated and with many mixed emotions about what is to come in the next 4 years- I know that God is in control. I went home and began to read the book, Desiring God, by John Piper. I'm not far along at all, but right when I picked it up- God had something to say to me.

"Remember the former things, those of long ago;
I am God, and there is no other;
I am God, and there is none like me.

I make known the end from the beginning,
from ancient times, what is still to come.
I say: My purpose will stand,
and I will do all that I please."
-Isaiah 46:9-10

I went to bed feeling better...

2 comments:

  1. i just got the volleyball banquet invite.. this is basically what it says. When: Tuesday November 18. Where: Jessica and Lauren Moorehead's house in Marsh Landing 22911 White oak lane. Directions: go through marsh landing gate, take first right, then turn left on the first street (white oak) and its the 2nd house on your left. Olive Garden for dinner, R.S.V.P. by 14th. ill see you at the banquet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand, I agree, I feel the same. The sadness and fear comes with watching this divide us as believers. And that in itself just blows my mind!?!?!

    ReplyDelete