ramblings from my heart and mind

{On a constant journey with the Lord-striving to glorify him with everything I am-love others the way Christ has and continues to love me-determined to be the best daughter, friend, mentor, and individual I can be}

Monday, November 3, 2008

rock my socks off....

So this morning I was finishing the book Captivating, by John and Stasi Eldredge. I was on the last page of the book and anxious to be done with it. (I love the feeling of being done with one book and ready to start another). Anyway, Stasi is making a point by looking at a film, Anna and the King. This is what was wrote, "The setting is in the nineteenth-century Siam, a tiny but beautiful Asian country still in the grips of its ancient past. Anna, an English woman living in Siam as s tutor to the king's many offspring, has helped King Mangkut prepare for a state dinner. He wants to show the British that his country is ready to enter into the affairs of the world, so the dinner is given in the English style-silverware, tablecloths, candlelight, and, at the end of the meal, ballroom dancing. When the feast is over and it comes time for the first dance, the king stands and extends his hand to Anna. He invites her to dance with him. He fixes hes gaze upon her and is distracted by nothing and no one else. He waits for her response. She is clearly surprised, taken back, but has the grace to respond and stand. As the walk past the long table, the king's eyes never stray from hers, a smile playing on his lips. Others are upset that he has chosen her. Some watch with contempt, others with pleasure. It is of no consequence to the king or to Anna. Anna came to the ball prepared. She was beautiful in a striking gown that shimmered like starlight. She spent hours getting herself ready- her hair, her dress, her HEART. As they reach the dance floor, Anna expresses her fear of dancing with the King before the eyes of others. "We wouldn't want to end up in a heap," she says. His answer to her questioning heart? "I am King. I will lead." Jesus is extending his hand to you. He is inviting you to dance with him. He asks, "May I have this dance...every day of your life?" His gaze is fixed on you. He is captivated by your beauty. He is smiling. He cares nothing of the opinion of others. He is standing. He will lead. He waits for your response."

My lover spoke and said to me,
"Arise, my darling,
my beautiful one, and come with me." (Song 2:10)

2 comments:

  1. Erin, I love this. Thank you for sharing! I turned to your blog at the exact moment God wanted me to... He is so good.

    Let's boogey :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Erin,

    I read this book in 2005 and it changed my life. Look for God's kisses daily, and you will be amazed at His heart for you.

    ReplyDelete