ramblings from my heart and mind

{On a constant journey with the Lord-striving to glorify him with everything I am-love others the way Christ has and continues to love me-determined to be the best daughter, friend, mentor, and individual I can be}

Monday, October 27, 2008

...and I will allure her

So as we can all tell from my last post- a little upset, woe is me, complaining a tad much, over exaggerating, anything and everything else...well I have thought about it a lot. Reflecting on life, being in the word this week has led me back over and over again to 1 Peter 3:3-5- Inner beauty being the main theme. Good, great, love it- God speaks through that verse more than I could imagine. So as I am being led to this piece of scripture, I am also led to read the book Captivating, by Stasi Eldridge. Great book! I read is about 2.5 years ago and times in between, but this time I am really reading it. lol...It led me to a couple verses in Hosea, specifically 2:6-7, and 2:14-"Therefore, behold, I will allure her, and bring her into the wilderness, and speak tenderly to her." Gesh- how amazing is this- The God of the universe, our maker, lover, best friend- will allure me (meaning to attract or charm) and speak tenderly- sweetly, lovingly...I don't know why this blows me away to the extent that it does, but I love it. Kinda cheesy, but I have this set time during my day, everyday, where I have what I know call DQ time. Daily questions- they are questions that I hear or think of through reading, studying the word, etc. that I can and need to ask myself daily. The ones I am currently thinking through and keeping in front of me are- Asking Jesus to she me my beauty...- Jesus, how are you romancing me right now?- and God, what do you see in me?

No comments:

Post a Comment