ramblings from my heart and mind

{On a constant journey with the Lord-striving to glorify him with everything I am-love others the way Christ has and continues to love me-determined to be the best daughter, friend, mentor, and individual I can be}

Thursday, October 23, 2008

single friends dwindling OR friends doubling????

It's so hard to think about, to live a life of singleness, be consumed by almost everyone around you in relationships, getting engaged, married, having babies- it's hard- no doubt. It's me right now. I'm trying to capture the moment...I have to an extent, but am I content? I mean- I long to be in a relationship, I see it all around me: people in love, families going around town, being pregnant... I love it. I want it- I'll get it, just not right now. I understand that, but for some reason it is so hard to let it go. "Put it in God's hands" ok- and when you don't see anything happen for a while and another couple gets married- here it comes again... CONGRATS! woo... why is it so hard? I just want to be content with where I am now, what God has called me to do right now, and live it up- our days are numbered. It's a "fun" game right- sometimes I don't like playing.

1 comment:

  1. Erin,
    I totally know and feel where you are right now. I have been praying for my husband lately :)- and trying to just trust God and HIS will, not mine! God is good and He'll make it all worth-while if we are patient and rest in the fact that for now, Jesus is enough. AND TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTION, your friends are definitely doubling!!! Thats the way we should look at it, at least.
    -Alicia

    ReplyDelete