ramblings from my heart and mind

{On a constant journey with the Lord-striving to glorify him with everything I am-love others the way Christ has and continues to love me-determined to be the best daughter, friend, mentor, and individual I can be}

Sunday, June 17, 2012

{For Father's Day and everyday}

On Mother's day I wrote a poem for Mom, but today I wanted to do something different. I am going to do a list of 10 things I love about my Fajah :) So, here goes (In no particular order):


1. He recognizes when I: cut my hair, put on make-up, and/or dress up  
             - Dad always takes the time to compliment me when I do something a little different. He loves my hair short (which I don't prefer), notices when I put on jewelry and/or make-up, and every time I wear more than sports clothes or jeans and a shirt- He tells me I am beautiful! So special...


2. He finds different ways to encourage me
             - He knows kind words go a long way and understands that even a hug speaks huge measures


3. Tells me he loves me at least once a day
             - I am so spoiled with this relationship I have with my Dad. Even when things are a little frustrating and I am being irritable, He looks beyond that and says those three words...143


4. Dad gives THE best hugs
             - You know the hug I am talking about...it's the hug where you can put your head on his chest and it fits just perfectly...it's the hug where you know nothing can separate it...the hug where you feel safe...yep, that hug :)


5. Watches and sometimes enjoys movies he wouldn't normally watch
              -Yes, I am mostly talking about those wonderful chick flicks...but, we also love a great comedy...Mrs. Doubtfire is one of our old time favorties...He does AWESOME impressions too..."Heeellllloooooooo, my precious" 


6. Loves sports
                -We love watching sports together...even if we like rival teams :)  He brought me up a Yankee and a Florida Gator...now his team is the Rays....it makes for fun competition


7. Is my BIGGEST fan
               -In everything I do whether sports, school, speaking, etc. He shows me more support than I deserve. 


8. He WANTS to spend time with me
                -I am so thankful to have a father that desires to have a good relationship with me. He wants to know what is going on in my life and whether He thinks I am making a good or unsure decision, He is there to support me and encourage me through.

9. He is a great example of a Father, Husband, and Best Friend
                -I tell Dad pretty much every Father's Day that I desire to marry someone who has similar characteristics, personality, and love that He shows all the time. Having the example of my parents marriage is one of the things in my life I am incredibly thankful for. They enjoy each other so much...I hope one day I can like someone as much as I love someone, like they do.

10. He is not always so serious
                -One thing I will always remember is to have fun...Dad makes this a part of every single day, even when he is hurting, sick, or stressed. We have jokes that only he and I know...He has taught me about sarcasm and shows it daily :)


I love my Dad
Two of my Favorite People (Fajah and Poppa) 

1 comment: