ramblings from my heart and mind

{On a constant journey with the Lord-striving to glorify him with everything I am-love others the way Christ has and continues to love me-determined to be the best daughter, friend, mentor, and individual I can be}

Thursday, May 17, 2012

{Testimony}

I wanted to take some time to clarify some major points of my story. I became very hesitant after I posted this about how you may take some points I made about growing up specifically. I hope you get to read this before you click 'play' because this is very important to me. Growing up was great! I had my parents to myself (other than their work) because my half-brother did not live with us, so I had so much attention it was ridiculous. I absolutely love that I was not forced into an "organized religion" and that it was literally a tug from the Lord that brought me to my knees in surrender to Him. I believe everyone, even if your Father is a Pastor and Mother is a Women's Director in a church that you ultimately choose your faith, after God has chosen you! Like I say in the video, I am so incredibly grateful for my parents, for the values and characteristics they instilled in me and for the woman they have brought me up to be. They are both amazing people, both as a couple and as individuals and I think everyone should get to know them. My heart so beats for them, gosh I love them so much! I also want to make this clear...in the way I was brought up with the sports I played, activities I was involved in, etc. so many characteristics were taught: loyalty, respect, love, fight, work ethic, team work, honesty...I could go on for a long time. But, here's the deal...what I said is true, it is true to the core of me and if it is truth I will not stray away from it. I am so thankful, please hear my heart. 




This is my testimony that I was asked to give at the young adult ministry I attend. We are in the middle of a series called Sovereignty plus Grace equals ENOUGH. 

Thanks for taking the time to watch :) I pray that it blesses you in some way

1 comment:

  1. Love you baby girl and so proud of the young lady you are.

    ReplyDelete